About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog- A place of food, cakes and bakes! Just a fun-loving student who loves to bake!

Sunday 11 November 2012

Tangy Plum Crumble


Now it's got a a bit chillier, the time has come for those classic warming winter puddings- crumble is one of my favourite! And in my opinion, there is no better than my mum's (although I suppose I am a bit biased). She makes it with a nice chewy textured topping and sweet fruit in side. The filling varies from apple, plum and apple and blackberry-really whatever needs using and what is in season. So I nicked the recipe off of her and had a go at making it myself and it was really nice but not as good as mums (maybe she has magic fingertips?) This does create quite a big crumble but when there's two crumble-lovers in the house, it never lasts long! 



For the belly warmer you'll need:
170g (6oz) Plain Flour
170g (6oz) Brown Sugar plus extra 
170g (6oz) Margarine, cubed
6 Plums (or enough to half fill your dish when they are halved) 

Preheat the oven to 180oC/356oF/Gas Mark 4. 

In a bowl, mix together the flour and brown sugar. For the crumble topping, add the margarine, and using your fingertips, rub the flour  mixture into the margarine, creating a breadcrumbs consistency. 

Wash the plums and cut them in half. Remove the stones and place into your dish. Sprinkle on 2-3 heaped tablespoons of brown sugar on top and a tablespoon of water. 

Put the crumble topping on top of the fruit and bake in the oven for 35 minutes, until the crumble is golden brown.

Happy Baking! 
x

Please leave a comment below! 
Follow @nicsfeasts and @NicckkNackk

I'm entering this into Fabulicious Food's Simple and in Season event this month as Plums are in season.




1 comment:

  1. Lovely recipe Nic, I have some plums that are looking a bit sad in my fruit bowl, so I'll make this. Thanks for entering Simple and in Season November, the round up is now up on my blog. Ren x

    ReplyDelete